Recipe Created By: Jackie Guzman
A mouthwatering Honey Almond Cake that will have you savoring every single bite. Manuka Honey and cream cheese add a special touch to balance out the fluffy cake. Almonds and fruit top it off for a delightful crunch that will leave you thinking about your second slice.
For the cake:
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- zest of one lemon
- 1 tbsp lemon juice (about 1/2 a lemon)
- 1/4 cup whole milk
For the frosting:
3 oz cream cheese
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tbsp Kiva Manuka honey
- Almonds and fruit, to top
- For the cake: Preheat oven to 350ºF. Grease an 8-inch springform pan and line the bottom with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together dry ingredients: flours, cardamom, baking powder, and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk the sugar and lemon zest together. Add the butter and whip with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, whipping after each addition. Next add lemon juice and whole milk, and mix.
- Add half the dry ingredients into the butter mixture. Mix until mostly incorporated, then add the rest of the dry ingredients. Mix just until combined, do not over-mix.
- Pour the batter into the cake pan, spread with spatula until even (batter will be thick). Bake in the oven for 40-45 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool at room temperature for at least an hour.
- For the frosting: Whip the cream cheese in a small bowl using an electric mixer. Add the heavy cream and Manuka honey and whip until light and fluffy. Spread the frosting on top of the cake, and decorate with fruit and almonds.